I got caught by a1 ‘phishing’ fraud, but no way was I grossly negligent as the bank implied.
At the end of November I was sent a message supposedly from my mobile provider, EE, which said they had been unable to process my monthly payment. This was plausible because I had recently replaced the bank card which I used to pay the bill. I followed the link and entered my Monzo bank card details.
The next day Monzo contacted me to state that my account had been compromised. The person asked me if I had been asked for my bank details recently and I told him about the message from EE. It soon emerged that someone had made a £214 payment to a company I’d never heard of – Bunq. I was given to believe that I would reimbursed.